- Consistently inform and collaborate with the Dean's Office, Faculty Committees, Department Chairs, and Program Coordinators to oversee and ensure all ongoing, mandatory accreditation and reporting requirements are met.
- Assist in the development of strategic initiatives, advise on metrics to assess student success and community impact, and provide continuous data for decision making.
- Lead accreditation and program teams with the support of a data specialist in ensuring all reports and data are submitted in a timely and complete manner for compliance with the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), CSU, PARC, WASCUC, and other professional licensing organizations. Advise on data for grant preparation and reporting as needed.
- Ensure all required annual and periodic reports from the state, CSU system, and CSULB units are completed with accuracy and on time, including all accreditation functions for external reviews.
- Serve as unit representative/liaison with system-level CSU EDQ, CSULB accreditation and assessment offices, CSULB IR&A, enrollment services, ORED, DSA, CTC, and other institutional and community stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration and use of data resources to inform strategic priorities and measure impact.
Demonstrated capacity to lead assessment and accreditation efforts aligned with strategic initiatives for continuous improvement and to meet compliance requirements. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to carry out complex assignments and provide recommendations to the unit, departments, programs, faculty, staff, and students' learning and experiences. Proven research knowledge in framing a problem, data collection and analysis methods, and reporting of findings and recommendations. Survey Design and Analysis skills. Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships with program faculty, academic departments, the dean's office, and a variety of offices and individuals within the college and across campus. Expertise in using MS Office, Excel spreadsheets, and data analysis and presentation software. Staff supervision experience. Proven commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (DEI)as demonstrated through action and initiatives. Proven skills in research and assessment preferred (e.g., framing research questions, instrument design, data collection and analysis, data visualization, implementing findings and recommendations)
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience required, preferably leadership experience in a Higher Education environment.
- Master's degree in a social science, education, or research field preferred.
College of Education, Office of Assessment and Accreditation
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
The salary range for this classification is $5,022 to $9,083 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Sep 30, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/519203/assistant-director-of-assessment-and-accreditation
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-bc26bb9eee2b2f4d8defdfa2a7e940d3