- Coordination of MMUF student recruitment and admissions, academic advising, and marketing and communications; Coordinate and implement MMUF curriculum development, academic year seminars programs for fellows along with other educational and capacity building aspects of the MMUF program.
- Conference and event planning for MMUF summer residential/virtual programs, MMUF regional program and National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
- Conference and event planning for hosting and annual participation in National Conference on Undergraduate Research, Scholars Transforming Through Research, Department of Transportation Fellowship and other regional, state, and national initiatives and programs.
- Development and implementation of supplemental research and other seminars on humanities career development and post graduate opportunities for MMUF, UROP participants and campus wide for OURS. Work in collaboration with staff and faculty in all CSULB Colleges to cultivate strong relationships and promote undergraduate research.
- Coordinate student engagement in the CSULB Annual Student Research Competition and CSULB's Week of Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity.
- Tracking of MMUF day to day expenditures, working closely with an appointed fiscal liaison, director, and Principal Investigator. Develop and maintain MMUF website to disseminate information about undergraduate research services and programs offered to students, in collaboration with ATS/IT and assist with same for UROP and OURS.
Demonstrated knowledge of general principles, practices, and trends in serving prospective and/or current diverse college students, including those from low income and first-generation backgrounds. Knowledge of undergraduate issues and academic complexity are strongly preferred. Demonstrated familiarity with the research process to guide students in an undergraduate research experience. It is strongly preferred that candidates have experience in academic advising and a working knowledge of CSULB rules and regulations. Should have the ability to interpret and apply all rules and regulations. Expected to show initiative and resourcefulness to interpret and implement activities that support student timely progress towards degree. Demonstrated experience in and/or potential to explore difficult issues around systemic racism and unconscious bias. Demonstrated experience or potential to contribute to action plans to support to equitably ensure that all students, especially first-generation, Pell-eligible students, and students with racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds, engage in multiple high impact practices, including undergraduate research. Research experience at the undergraduate or graduate level (e.g. completion of a master's thesis or dissertation, program evaluation and/or assessment). Detailed oriented; skills in collecting and analyzing data are essential. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, CSULB administrators, and students is required. Ability to work in a culturally diverse population is required.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field and two (2) years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas required. Master's degree or equivalent experience in higher education, counseling or related fields preferred. Research experience at the undergraduate or graduate level preferred.
Office of Undergraduate Research Services (OURS)
Student Services Professional II
The salary range for this classification is $4,304 to $6,120 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one (1) year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Sep 21, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/518845/program-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0326fccbb9c86542a0734db930942726