POSITION: DEMONSTRATION TEACHER 4
LOCATION: A. HARRY MOORE SCHOOL
JOB SUMMARY: The A. Harry Moore School is the special education laboratory school of New Jersey City University. We provide services for 140 students, ages 3-21 with multiple disabilities. The school offers the advantages of working in a public school with the additional benefit of being connected to a large, urban, state university. We offer tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, benefits, school hours and holidays, and a dynamic team of special educators and therapists. The Special Education Teacher should be open to designing creative, hands on curriculum as well as be able to understand the need for adapting the instruction to meet the student’s individual needs. The ideal candidate would be someone with energy who has a passion for supporting the education of students who cannot be served in the public school setting.
DUTIES: Teach in a program that emphasizes functional and vocational skill development with students with multiple disabilities:
- Evaluation of developmental and functional abilities
- Implementation of instruction designed to enhance educational performance and to facilitate independence
- Participation on a trans-disciplinary team to plan and implement Individual Educational Programs
- Serve as a resource to other professionals and parents
- Prepare students for statewide exams or develop appropriate proficiency assessments (APA/DLM) for students.
- Utilize teacher assistants to assist in the achievement and implementation of IEP.
- Utilization of technology to achieve IEP goals
- May include meeting the ADL needs of the severely disabled students.
REQUIREMENTS: NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities or NJ Teacher of the Handicapped certification and at least one of the following certifications Elementary Education K-5, Elementary Education K-8, or content certification in Lang Arts, Math, Science.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Must have recent experience teaching students with special needs. Data collection & Creating IEPs
REQUIRED: Letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
POSITIONS IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABLE FUNDS
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.