This job is archived
Ball State University welcomes applications for the Assistant Director of Admissions for Hispanic/Latino Recruitment.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: This position serves to support the recruitment of diverse student populations, specifically Hispanic/Latino students, for Ball State University. This position will manage a territory where they will be responsible for outreach to high schools and community colleges, attend college fairs, and communicate and counsel prospective and admitted students and parents. This role will also have a responsibility to participate in on-campus and off-campus events hosted by the University and will be encouraged to build and foster relationships within the Hispanic/Latino community and community-based organizations that serve this population.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution by time of appointment;
- At least one year of relevant educational or outreach work experience;
- Bi-lingual, Spanish fluency;
- Demonstrated and strong commitment to diversity;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and oral) with a customer service orientation;
- Ability to speak before large groups or audiences; comfort and experience with computer technology;
- Ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment;
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, education, communication, or related field;
- Additional years of related experience;
- Experience working with Hispanic/Latino students and organizations;
- Experience in higher education/recruitment experience or experience working with students in a high school setting;
- Experience working at or in partnership with community-based organizations;
- Experience working with and presenting to a diverse student constituency.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/32480 . Include the following documents with your application: resume, and cover letter.
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through 08/25/2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.