This job is archived
(Archived) Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Demonstration Specialist
POSITION: BOARD CERTIFIED BEHAVIOR ANALYST (BCBA)- DEMONSTRATION SPECIALIST
LOCATION: A. HARRY MOORE SCHOOL
JOB SUMMARY: Candidate will coordinate behavioral interventions and assist in the development, evaluation and implementation of behavior plans. Other duties require that the candidate coordinate, evaluate, and assist in the delivery of home based programs.
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through a systematic transition from school to employment or school to college by identifying needs, interests, and preferences.
- Develops appropriate job sites and works with the students and staff at AHM in scheduling student placements.
- Serves as liaison between the school and students’ places of employment by monitoring their job performance and assisting in their job retention.
- Review and coordinate any transportation needs through the Special Services Department.
- Train teachers in the development of individualized transition plans and work closely with parents and students in the development of these plans.
- Attend conferences with parents/guardians, Child Study Team members and instructional staff, as necessary, to review and update students’ transitional goals, objectives and activities.
- Maintain an up-to-date manual covering all school-to-career transition procedures and activities. Establish working relationships with post-secondary support agencies and service providers to facilitate transition planning. Develop and submit monthly reports to the Administration documenting student progress and program outcomes.
- Participate in professional improvement programs and activities as requested by the Administration.
- Maintain up-to-date student transition portfolios.
- Work with teachers, administrators, and other professional staff members by providing information and assistance that will be beneficial to students’ overall growth and development.
- Assist staff in the resolution of school related issues and problems pertaining to students.
- Develop and teach a self-advocacy curriculum.
- Provide a transition orientation program for students with disabilities from middle to high school, which may include orientation programs for students, parents, and staff.
- Keep the staff and community informed about the transition program.
- To coordinate behavioral interventions, assist in the development, evaluation and implementation of behavior plans, and familiarize teachers with behavior management techniques
- Conduct observations, design data collection instruments, summarize and analyze behavioral data, write functional behavioral assessments (FBA) and develop and maintain behavior intervention plans (BIP)
- Conference with staff and/or parents concerning individual children’s behavior plans
- Serve as a resource person to staff and/or parents
- Provide ongoing training to staff concerning appropriate use of crisis prevention, behavior management and intervention techniques
- When necessary, and in concert with the administration and the classroom teacher, conference with parents concerning specific crisis situations involving their child
- Other duties require that the candidate coordinate, evaluate, and assist in the delivery of home based programs
- Conduct Professional Development workshops regularly
- Assigned tasks as determined by the administration
LICENSE: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification required
EXPERIENCE: Minimum there (3) years of teaching experience.
To apply for this position, refer to NJCU website at: http://www.njcu.edu/hr/employment
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.