Ball State Foundation is driven by our commitment to students, alumni, donors, and the exceptional individuals on our team. We place an emphasis on fiscal responsibility, the principles of accountability, transparency, and responsible stewardship. Join our team as we continue to grow the culture of beneficence for Ball State University through focus on intentional engagement and exceptional fundraising as we embark on our most ambitious fundraising goal ever — to take student support to the next level, both financially and academically.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: he Associate Director works to create and implement strategic annual and long-term plans designed to engage alumni through various events and activities that encourage volunteerism and lifetime engagement with Ball State University. The associate director specifically leads efforts with our regional alumni communities and other community groups as assigned to inspire participation in Ball State’s Culture of Beneficence to advance the University’s enduring values. This includes but is not limited to students, alumni, family, friends and benefactors. As an Alumni Engagement Officer the associate director will carry of portfolio within the Ball State community with identified engagement metrics. Additionally, the associate director is responsible for assisting with key University engagement activities such as Homecoming, Alumni and Benefactor Dinner, and One Ball State Day.
As a primary point of contact with the Ball State community, the Associate Director of Engagement Programs must be able to represent the University in a professional, enthusiastic manner with a focus on constituent service.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills along with strong organization skills.
- Ability to function cooperatively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to build and manage programs that achieve operating goals.
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers.
- Success in managing relationships, especially with volunteer leaders, including outreach, cold calling, and setting expectations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to large groups.
- Ability to create and manage a program budget.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in higher education setting and working with alumni chapters, volunteers, and regional engagement strategy.
- Volunteer recruitment, retention, and management skills.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud or other CRM database system.
- Experience planning complex meetings and events.
- Ability to gain familiarity with relevant trends (at peer institutions as well as outside higher education) and recommend innovative and improved practices.
- Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/32250 . Include the following documents with your application: resume, and cover letter.
The option to upload transcripts and one letter of recommendation is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
The annual salary for this opportunity is $52,000 – $56,000 annually. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through 08/10/2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.