IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Transfer Admission Counselor & Event Coordinator
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a Transfer Admission Counselor & Event Coordinator. The Admission Counselor position will be responsible for recruiting select populations of transfer students to Iowa Wesleyan. In addition, this position is responsible for planning, managing, and executing special events for prospective students and their families. This position also works with campus constituents to facilitate outreach efforts that directly support recruitment.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurture, build, and sustain ongoing professional relationships with prospective transfer students and those who influence them to achieve assigned enrollment management objectives.
- Become familiar with transfer student culture and any distinctive aspects of the culture, including but not limited to sources of students, preferences of students, and sources of competition.
- Develop relationships with area community college advising staff through regularly scheduled visits and routine recruitment contacts.
- Regularly monitor the inquiry, prospect, application, and deposit numbers to focus on attaining assigned objectives.
- Develop and implement recruitment and communication strategies to increase the number of transfer students enrolling.
- Seasonal travel and some weekends will be required for this position. Overnight travel may be required.
- Support day-to-day function of the Admission Office.
- Professionally represent Iowa Wesleyan University at any given event.
Special Events (e.g., open house days, special events, registration days)
- In collaboration with other leaders in the enrollment division, plan and implement special events that positively influence prospective students’ consideration of Iowa Wesleyan University.
- Provide detail-oriented and high-quality customer service to internal and external constituents: establishing and maintaining good relationships with faculty and staff on campus to carry out successful events; and ensuring that visitors have positive experiences before, during, and after the events and are encouraged to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Office to prepare event promotions and supporting materials.
- Regularly demonstrate a willingness to “go the extra mile” to ensure event participants have positive experiences.
- Lead a post-event review that involves key participants and results in accurate records of the event, what went well and what could be improved for the next cycle. Ensure that recommendations for later events are archived and referred to in future planning.
- Annually evaluate the effectiveness of the events and make appropriate improvements in future programming.
- Works with campus constituents (e.g., teaching faculty members) to facilitate outreach efforts that directly support recruitment in the traditional undergraduate program.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends and the ability to travel.
- Recruitment experience preferred. Sales experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confidence, comfort, and ability to speak in front of groups, on the telephone, and in one-on-one interview situations.
- Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and collaborate to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to think innovatively to generate “out of the box” ideas to increase enrollment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, including safeguarding data and records.
- Events planning experience is a plus.
- Understanding and belief in the value of a liberal arts education at a private rural college.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.