Ball State University welcomes application for a Content and Media Strategist.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: The Content and Media Strategist is a creative and proactive idea generator, writer, and problem solver who owns the Ball State University brand’s story for all channels, with a particular focus on media relations, media monitoring, pitching stories, and strategic planning. The Content and Media Strategist will work closely and collaboratively with all members of the Ball State Division of Marketing and Communications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in English, Public Relations, Communications or other related field from an accredited institution. At least two years performing media relations and writing duties for a corporation, agency, or college/university. Or, equivalent work experience in media.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, public relations, communications, or related field from an accredited institution.
Experience working in Higher Education, creative services, or agency setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media relations and monitoring, pitching stories, content development, and copy editing.
- Project management experience: managing multiple projects simultaneously; working effectively and efficiently with individuals and teams within a diverse environment; and using project management tools such as ClickUp.
- Experience utilizing media database tools such as Cision to build and maintain relevant media lists, execute targeted pitches, and build daily and weekly media reports summarizing organization’s media placements.
- Experience in researching and collecting information, including interviewing skills, web research skills, and other intelligence gathering techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic content, communication, and marketing principles.
- Experience in using analytical skills in transforming business insights into strategic planning.
- Experience in using content curation skills, transforming content across platforms to meet different audience needs; ability to visualize and communicate to clients the best way to present content.
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using client relationship skills, being self-directed and in taking initiatives to completion.
- Experience in using creative and critical thinking skills, goal setting and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web content best practices.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/31697. Include the following documents with your application: resume and cover letter addressed to Andrew Walker.
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through July 7, 2022..
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.