The Office of the Registrar is looking for candidates who are thoughtful, forward-thinking, equity-minded and energized by the prospect of being part of a dynamic team dedicated to helping grow our organization.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: The University Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for producing and ensuring the accuracy of the master schedules across all terms. This includes all aspects of course schedule production as well as coordinating centralized space scheduling. Responsible for ensuring optimal resource utilization of general-purpose classrooms and providing impeccable customer service support to registration and academic affairs personnel. Supports compliance and reporting projects that inform the development and refinement of policies and procedures related to academic scheduling and space utilization.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree plus two years of related administrative experience. At least one year of related experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact effectively in complex situation while displaying professionalism and tact.
- Working proficiency in desktop and business/technical support systems.
- Skill in establishing priorities and handling multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving abilities with competence in the use of logic.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn, and takes initiative to improve the quality of service.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and established procedures.
- Ability to and/or ability to learn how to maintain confidentiality and security of student records, following confidentiality rules established by FERPA and the University.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree from an accredited institution in appropriate field. Three years of academic scheduling or related administrative experience; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Knowledge of room attributes, scheduling reports, and general course scheduling procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
- General knowledge of administrative organization and academic regulations.
- Supervisory ability or experience managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner or other student information system.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS office suite applications.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and refining policies and established procedures to create more efficient and effective service.
Salary range for this position: Minimum - $43,000 / Maximum - $45,000
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/31655
Include the following documents with your application: resume and cover letter addressed to Curtis Clock, Janice Hossom and Erin Mason. The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through July 5, 2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit:
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.