This job is archived
- CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System)
- APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time Limited-Service Employees)
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
- Required: At least 50 days (three or more hours per day within two years) in a childcare setting.
- Preferred: Six months of experience working with young children in a childcare setting.
- Required: 12 units in Child Development or Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university, including child growth and development, child, family and community, and at least one program/curriculum class.
- Preferred: An additional six to 12 units in Child Development or Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university, including infant/toddler, curriculum, guidance, and/or health/safety/nutrition.
Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at www.naces.org, or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) website at http://aice-eval.org/.
Diversity Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, access and antiracism. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
- Access - We make education possible for everyone.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - We recognize and respect diversity, seek to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, and strive to address inequities.
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Visit https://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/21884 for full details and required application materials.
About the District:
Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate degrees and certificate programs to approximately 25,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, the College is recognized as one of the top 100 Colleges and Universities in the nation for serving Hispanic students. Palomar College is just 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that San Diego has to offer.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency