JOB SUMMARY: The School of Business invites applications for the position of Assitant Dean commencing July 1, 2022. Reporting to the Associate Dean of the NJCU School of Business, the Assistant Dean is a member of the leadership team. Areas of responsibility include supervision of graduate programs, facility management, Fort Monmouth campus operations, academic partnerships, community outreach, marketing and communications, assessment, and other assignments from the Dean’s Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of efficient academic, administrative, operational and financial procedures that that advance the mission of the NJCU School of Business.
- Serves as the school’s liaison with the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and works to maintain the school’s status as a regionally accredited institution.
- Operational responsibility for all graduate business programs.
- Responsible for the school’s Monmouth County operations.
- Develops, manages, and promotes off-site programs, such as transfer credit and early degree programs. Develops and executes articulation-agreements, supervises program evaluations, and coordinates student learning outcomes assessment for these programs.
- Coordinates operations of the school’s facilities, including information technology, teaching and learning needs, security and room assignments.
- Operational responsibility for the school’s student success initiatives.
- Supervises department-level and other School of Business staff
- Responsible for the school’s marketing and communication activities
- Provides information and data appropriate to the decision-making needs of the school and oversees reporting to the University for state and national agencies, such as IPEDS. Ensures that all required state and federal reports are submitted in a timely fashion, and establishes and maintains a report management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE: A commitment to excellence in programs and services that promote student achievement and success. A minimum of three years of progressively responsible leadership experience in higher education.
- Earned doctorate in a business discipline, or a closely related field.
- Substantial professional experience in a business discipline.
- A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- A record of publication and research that would enable appointment as an Associate or full Professor
- Experience managing assessment activities and accreditation requirements
- Experience with either initial accreditation or a continuous improvement reviews
- Experience developing programs/centers related to international programs.
REQUIREMENTS: Include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, etc. In your application materials, we encourage you to address how your leadership, teaching, mentorship, and community service might support our institutional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
CONSIDERATION: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or the search is ended.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
For specific application requirements, please refer to NJCU website at: www.njcu.edu
As a condition of employment, new employees are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. Candidates wishing to request a medical or religious exemption must advise Human Resources at the time of job offer.
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.