Assistant Director of Outreach and Secondary Education
Ball State University
The College of Health is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative individual to serve as the Assistant Director of Outreach and Secondary Education for the East Central Indiana Area Health Education Center. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with stakeholders and will have at least one year of successful experience in curriculum development and/or delivery of health-related or educational programs for secondary or adult learners.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: Provide programmatic and administrative management of activities that support ECI-AHEC goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, community health, healthcare administration, a health profession, human services, or related area.
- At least one year of experience in curriculum development, project management, delivery or evaluation of health-related or educational programs for middle/high school students and/or adult learners.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands; ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse constituency.
- Good planning, organization, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of health professions, medical terminology, pedagogy, and the health workforce.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of high ethical standards, integrity, professionalism, and courteousness.
- Willing and able to attend instructor training programs which may include but not be limited to American Heart Association CPR/BLS Instructor Certification, Mental Health First Aid Instructor Certification, QPR Gatekeeper Trainer Certification, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time while conducting programs and facilitating activities including classroom presentations and campus tours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy and have the willingness and ability to travel.
- Must be able to set up and facilitate community-based training activities that require the physical ability to lift and move training materials in excess of 50 pounds. This task may be performed several times per week and involves the use of a cart.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in a health/medical profession, education, public or business administration by August 1, 2022.
- Two to three years of experience in curriculum development, higher education, workforce training, or provision of technical assistance.
- Knowledge of active learning and spiral curriculum methodologies.
- Experience using rapid cycle quality improvement assessment strategies.
- Experience building academic and community partnerships.
- Experience working in small teams/small office environments.
- Familiarity with the communities of the East Central Indiana AHEC region.
- Experience working in small teams/small office environments.
- Work experience in rural health care systems.
- Licensed as an Indiana health care professional or eligible for licensure
- Knowledge of recruitment and retention methodologies.
- Advanced experience in community development, health professions education or provision of technical assistance to health care systems.
- American Heart Association CPR/First Aid Instructor certification.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/31118. Include the following documents with your application: resume, cover letter, and Inclusive excellence statement addressed to search committee chair. In the Applicant Documents section of this application, please provide an inclusive excellence statement describing how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at Ball State University through your teaching, research, and/or service. Please include examples of your contributions when possible. Word limit 500.
The option to upload a curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation (up to two), and transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through 06/17/2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.