We look forward to welcoming an Assistant Director of Student Life for our Fraternity and Sorority Life community to Ball State! This role allows candidates to directly support our councils, create curriculum, and develop our community.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: As a member of the Office of Student Life, the Assistant Director is responsible for planning and implementing developmental programs for Fraternity and Sorority students, cultivate leadership skills, and other competencies for fraternity and sorority members. Assist in advising fraternity and sorority life governing councils on programs, policies, and related activities.
- Master’s degree from accredited institution by start date.
- Experience working with college students, specifically with fraternities and sororities
- Evidence of skills in program planning and implementation
- Experience supporting diverse student populations and creating inclusive environments.
- Clear evidence of skills in program planning and implementation; excellent oral and written communication skills.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education by the date of appointment in student affairs, college student personnel, higher education administration, counseling, or a related field.
- One to two year(s) of full-time experience working with fraternities and sororities.
- Experience with advising governing councils and the member chapters.
- Working knowledge of NIC, NPC, NPHC, NMGC, and NALFO organizations.
- Experience developing leadership curriculum and related student learning experiences.
- Membership with an inter/national fraternity or sorority.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/29731. Include the following documents with your application: resume, and cover letter addressed to search committee chair.
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through 06/10/2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight
academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.