This job is archived
CONTRACT PERIOD: part-time, temporary
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: This is a remote adjunct position. Teaching duties include 3-10 hours credit hours per semester in freshman composition.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The teaching load consists of teaching online courses freshman composition: Freshman Composition I, Freshman Composition I PLUS (co-requisite model), Freshman Composition II.
- Provide quality instruction by utilizing effective online teaching strategies.
- Respond to all emails and provide student feedback in a quick, effective, and courteous manner (within 24 hours on weekdays).
- Gather data for university assessment.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of College of Arts and Education or designee
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Academic merits, leadership ability, effective communication skills, and ability to be a contributing team member are desired.
- Experience with Canvas LMS preferred.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Master’s degree required, Ph.D. preferred, in English or Master’s degree and at least 18 graduate hours in English/Rhetoric and Composition.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.