The School of Music invites nominations and applications for a one-year, non-tenure track faculty position available 8/19/2022. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in the Music Media Production Department. Course topics reach from Acoustics for Audio Engineers, DSP, Immersive Audio, Game Engines, and Middleware, to studio production and live sound.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Description: Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in the Music Media Production Department. Course topics reach from Acoustics for Audio Engineers, DSP, Immersive Audio, Game Engines, and Middleware, to studio production and live sound.
Faculty members are also expected to function as collaborative, innovative, inclusive and adaptive members of the College of Fine Arts community, both within and beyond one’s home unit. All College of Fine Arts faculty are expected to be quality teachers, productive in creative and/or scholarly work, engaged in public service activities, and contributors to the Ball State and Muncie communities and beyond.
- Completed master’s degree in Audio Engineering/DSP or in a related field.
- Documented history of paid professional activity.
- Two years of teaching experience at the university level.
- Must be proficient in Pro-Tools, Logic, digital and analog signal flow, DSB environments, acoustics, and be familiar with Dolby Atmos
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Doctorate in music media or related field.
- High proficiency in Pro-Tools, Logic, digital and analog signal flow, DSB environments, acoustics, and be familiar with Dolby Atmos, MATLAB including the DSP toolbox.
- A track record of technical achievement and active participation in research, competitions, and professional societies such as the AES.
- High proficiency and research interest in game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Expert level proficiency in immersive audio formats, psycho acoustics, and significant experience in recording of commercial groups and classical large ensembles as well as significant experience in live sound production, including FOH and monitor.
- There is also a need for computer music composition instruction.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/30638.
Required in the Applicant Documents section of this application:
- Cover letter of application (maximum length two pages)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Under “Portfolio” please provide a document containing a link to an online accessible creative portfolio.
4. An inclusive excellence statement describing how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at Ball State University through your teaching, research, and/or service. Please include examples of your contributions when possible. Word limit 500.
5. Three letters of reference.
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earned is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through May 24, 2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.