JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating student life activities, housing, and student life events.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary areas of responsibility for the Student Life Coordinator include student activities and working with multiple departments to promote exceptional student experiences.
- Provide professional advice and assistance to student organizations in planning, organizational development and student activities.
- Collaborate with student groups and departments across campus to host events year round on campus.
- Strategically plan and host events according to a master events calendar to improve student life.
- Actively engage the university and community through service and participation in campus and community events.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments.
- Other related administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for student activities and events.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Affairs or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to address large audiences and provide high energy and engaging student experiences.
- Capacity to assist campus groups and departments in developing high impact student experiences.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree required.
TO APPLY, GO TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.