POSITION AVAILABLE: April 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: JOB SUMMARY: The Shooting Sports Coach is responsible for assisting in the development and overall policy of the assigned division of the OPSU Shooting Sports Program. The Shooting Sports Coach must instruct team members to improve individual shooting skills associated with team practices and activities. The Shooting Sports Coach must care for the overall operation and maintenance of the Shooting Sports facility.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must actively recruit and retain student-athletes
- Knowledge of collegiate shooting sports contest rules and regulations
- Organize yearly competition schedules
- Organize all details of home and away meets/competitions, including team travel
- Maintain accurate documentation on all team members and keep up with their academic progress, as well as handling applicable compliance
- Manage the shooting sports facilities, including the staffing, ordering supplies, maintenance, and upkeep of the facilities
- Ensure all persons accessing the shooting sports facilities display a respect for weapons and range safety
- Coordinate with VPO in fund-raising activities and develop community outreach and support
- Keep accurate records and promptly submit all requested materials to appropriate decision makers
- Follow a departmental operations budget and OPSU financial procedures
- Support departmental programs including meetings, trainings, program reviews, etc.
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Strong communication skills demonstrating the candidate to be a positive motivator
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Be able to transport team to the contests, and be responsible for their well-being.
- Other duties as assigned by Dean of the College of Agriculture, Science, and Nursing or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Knowledge and application of shooting sports and weapons safety
- Knowledge and application of shooting sports facility maintenance
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree is required. Master’s degree in Wildlife Management or Ag related field preferred, Bachelor’s degree preferred plus minimum of four (4) years of experience either as an athlete or coach
- Collegiate shooting sports knowledge and experience required
- Proven shooting sports management experience and an in-depth understanding of the assigned discipline
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu) to:
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.