CONTRACT PERIOD: 9-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 10, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Teaching Industrial Technology related classes.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach fall and spring face-to-face Industrial Technology courses in the areas of welding, electricity, auto mechanics, metal machining, construction, and other INDT areas as needed.
- Supervise and maintain laboratories.
- Academic advising for students.
- Serve on University committees and support College of Business and Technology clubs, organizations, etc..
- Contribute to and function within the Industrial Technology department, the College of Business and Technology, and OPSU, while promoting the University in the surrounding communities.
- Teach 27-30 hours per year (fall and spring semester) and assist in program assessment at the departmental level.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsibly.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Dean, College of Arts and Education, and Art Dept. Chair or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Professional experience, industrial certifications and teaching experience will be considered. Master’s degree preferred.
- Academic merits, leadership ability, effective communication skills, and ability to be a contributing team member are desired.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Professional experience, industrial certifications and teaching experience will be considered. Master’s degree preferred.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.