JOB SUMMARY: New Jersey City University seeks a detail-oriented professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to join its Title III grant project team. The successful candidate will have a baccalaureate degree, expertise in STEM internship and job placement, and demonstrated ability to succeed in a diverse work environment. Reporting to the Title III Program Director and the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Develop meaningful and strategic partnerships that result in new Cooperative Education and externship opportunities for STEM students, in alignment with NJCU's strategic emphasis on experiential learning across the campus
- Extend the successes of the Career Services Office of the School of Business and the Center for Teacher Preparation and Partnerships of the College of Education, and serve as a model for similar positions for Arts & Humanities programs and in the College of Professional Studies
- Identify and develop new Cooperative Education and externship opportunities in STEM fields in the public, private and non-profit sectors
- Develop and implement a program of CoOp and internship/externship exploration, career planning, interviewing, resume development and professional social media.
- Provide students with Cooperative Education orientations and assist them with pre-employment skill development, applications, interviewing and onboarding
- Mentor and counsel students to support their goal setting and assist them in evaluating their progress
- Develop a two-way program of evaluation, including tools to assess student learning outcomes, student perceptions of CoOp experiences, and employer perceptions of CoOp interns
- Maintain accurate records of Cooperative Education placements, employer portfolio, internships, presentations, and other metrics of student success
- Work with College of Arts & Sciences officials to develop goals, policies, and procedures that comply with national standards and align with NJCU's strategic plan
- Remain informed of the NJCU STEM departmental majors and marketplace developments
- Use technology and social networking to further program development and for delivery of services
- Assess the effectiveness of services and resources, compile and summarize data, and develop findings and conclusions for program reporting
EDUCATION: Bachelors' degree from an accredited college or university in STEM, business, education, or another applicable field. Master's degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of experience in STEM recruiting, career placement or cooperative education or internship supervision in a corporate environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop productive relationships with potential employers and NJCU stakeholders
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and legal issues affecting internships, cooperative education, and international students
- Ability to provide students with career counseling and on-the-job coaching
- Ability to plan and host events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple projects with diverse populations of students, faculty, professionals and staff
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, PeopleSoft, Blackboard, or similar productivity software and platforms
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel locally as necessary
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.