For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/2773
Type of Assignment: Full Time
Position Available: MiraCosta College’s Counseling department invites applications for one equity-minded, full-time, 195-day-per-year, tenure-track faculty position beginning in January 2022. Principle responsibilities include providing academic, career, and personal counseling services to students at MiraCosta College, leading group counseling sessions and workshops, and providing educational planning services for both new and continuing students. This position will also provide counseling leadership on Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) efforts for the Business and Technology ACP as part of MiraCosta College’s Guided Pathways efforts, and lead group counseling sessions, workshops and provide educational planning services for both new and continuing students. The person selected will share leadership roles with other full-time faculty in Counseling.IMPORTANT: While the person selected for this position will start in January 2022, the spring 2022 semester will not count toward their tenure review process or toward completion of their first contract year. In accordance with section H.4.1 of the Faculty Assembly collective bargaining agreement, “Contract faculty must work at least 75% of the number of days in the regular academic year in order to receive credit toward tenure. (Ed. Code § 87468). The academic year begins the first day of the fall semester. (Ed. Code § 87601). Contract faculty hired during the spring semester will begin the formal evaluation process during the next fall semester.” Accordingly, the tenure review process for the person selected will begin in the fall 2022 semester. Additionally, per section D.1.5 of the collective bargaining agreement, “advancement in salary step is earned at the completion of a minimum of 75 percent of the contract year in a paid status.” As such, the person selected will be eligible to advance to the next step on the salary schedule effective July 1, 2023. The person selected for the position will be eligible to receive a cost of living adjustment of 2% effective July 1, 2022.MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace and to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Compensation: Initial salary placement is based on education and experience and ranges from $86,455.02 (class I, step 1 × 1.1080 time factor for 195 on-duty days per year) to $144,733.61 (class VI-doctorate, step 10 × 1.1080 time factor) on the 2021-2022 Annual Salary Schedule. To view the Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule, please go to https://www.miracosta.edu/hr/_docs/salary-schedule-faculty-assembly.pdf.
MiraCosta College offers a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; and other optional coverages. Faculty members are also covered under the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling; OR
2. Master’s degree in “Education, Concentration: Counseling”; “Education: Counseling Option”; “Education: Counseling and Guidance Concentration”; “Education: Educational and Clinical Counseling”; “Education: Educational Counseling”; “Education: School Counseling”; “Guidance and Counseling”; “Marriage & Family Counseling”; or “Social Welfare” (approved comparable degrees at MiraCosta College); OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in any of the majors listed in (1) above AND a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) license valid in California; OR
4. the equivalent. Applicants who do not possess the EXACT degree major(s) required to meet the minimum qualifications must attach an equivalency narrative and supporting documentation at the time of application. Instructions can be found at https://www.miracosta.edu/governance/equivalency-committee/_docs/equivalency-instructions.pdf; OR
5. a fully satisfied, lifetime California Community College credential authorizing instruction/service in the appropriate subject matter; AND
6. demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
Job Close Date: 9/21/2021
Open Until Filled:
First Screening Date:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an educational environment that affirms and supports diversity in its faculty, staff, and administration, and promoting an environment of inclusion. The college’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is expressed in the policy found at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf, and in MiraCosta College’s Institutional Values found at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/_docs/mccvalues.pdf.
The college was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) in 2013. This designation reflects the great responsibility that MiraCosta has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. We are a veteran and military supportive institution and an Achieving the Dream Leader College. The successful candidate will join a campus that exhibits its dedication to all students and faculty through offering robust, culturally-responsive events, including speaker series dedicated to heritage month events through the Social Justice and Equity Center.
Human Resources Contact Information: email@example.com or [Register to View]
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency