College Preparedness Advisor – Short-term Worker
Grant Funded Student Programs
Palomar Community College (Vista and Escondido Campus)
Hourly pay rate: $18
Hours per week: Not to exceed 24
Work Schedule: Weekdays, hours between 8:00am and 5:00pm, including some evenings and weekends. *Schedule may vary based on student services and school site placement
• Conduct outreach & student recruitment activities.
• Provide information regarding admissions, financial aid & registration policies/procedures & refer students to other services as appropriate.
• Additionally, the Program Advisor must be able to perform all duties under the College Coach position, including, but not limited to those listed below:
• Assist, motivate, and support students with their post-secondary options (university, community college, trade school, military, etc.).
• Provide on-site assistance with college preparedness at one of the school sites; including but not limited to:
- Providing workshops/presentations to students, parents, and school-level staff relating to the college admissions process.
- Develop opportunities & services within assigned school site that focus on increased student achievement & knowledge of higher education.
- Provide support in completing UC/CSU, private university, and community college applications.
- Provide comprehensive support/guidance in completing the FAFSA and exploring all available financial aid resources.
- Provide information regarding standardized testing – SAT/ACT prep courses, training materials available, fee waivers, etc. Provide assistance in registering for these tests as needed.
- Provide feedback on personal statement/admission essays on college applications. Follow-up with students to make sure all application deadlines are met, and all materials are submitted correctly.
• Complete other duties as assigned by Director.
• Ability to multi-task. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office apps (Word Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), Google Apps, and other computer software.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• 2 years university coursework and 2 years of experience.
To Apply: Visit https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hr/shorttermemployment/ for more details and required application materials.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency