This job is archived
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, or other related field and/or five years of extensive experience managing financial services. A graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- A student-centered philosophy and a commitment to excellent service
- Certified Public Account
- Higher education experiene
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Works Collaboratively. Cultivates connections with others that contribute positively to the well-being of those involved. Works toward a common objective through the sharing of ideas and distribution of responsibilities across team members. Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration, professionalism and strong consultative skills conducive to building and maintaining positive relations with administrators, co-workers, staff, faculty, union representatives and other members of the campus community.
• Growth Mindset. Demonstrates consistent resiliency to promote positive change through adversity. Identifies potential change opportunities and actively seek to adapt. Assesses and utilizes creative strategies to create individual, organizational, or societal change within a situational context.
• Initiative and Follow Through. Takes initiative to identify and assess needs creating measurable objectives, and building relationships with people who will be able to help achieve those objectives. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, prioritize multiple tasks, follow through, and work independently without supervision while handling frequent interruptions and rapidly shifting priorities. Skilled at keeping detailed records and following up on various issues. Skilled at streamlining processes to create efficiencies when necessary. Strong leadership skills including problem solving, analytical and project management.
• Demonstrated Service Excellence.
o Teamwork. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team player; and coordinate several functions and determine the relative importance of each; ability to work with a high level of productivity and accuracy/attention to detail.
o Knowledge. Advanced computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, social media platforms, internet as well as online calendaring and email. Demonstrated office operations or project management experience.
o Accountability. Demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply a wide variety of complex policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not always exist. Ability to work with frequent changes in policies and procedures, under pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to manage stressful situations with tact and diplomacy and to use sound judgement and discretion, particularly as it relates to handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
o Quality Service. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines. Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism to effectively handle a broad range of sensitive interpersonal situations.
• Skilled at keeping detailed records and following up on various issues. Ability to manage various functions with competing deadlines and multiple interruptions. Skilled at streamlining processes to create efficiencies when necessary.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner.
• Ability to work with a high level of productivity and accuracy/attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt to and work effectively in a heavily bureaucratic environment which requires regular interaction with a number of levels within the organization.
• Working knowledge, or ability to quickly learn, university infrastructure, policies and procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Each applicant is required to provide (as attachments to the online application) the following supplemental documents: (1) letter providing some detail of the applicant’s qualifications and interest in the position; (2) current resume/CV; and (3) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references. If you are unable to attach the supplemental materials to the online application please contact Human Resources.
For inquiries and additional information, please contact: Human Resource Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at [Register to View] .
To view SOU’s offers very generous benefits and pension programs available to eligible positions, please visit: https://inside.sou.edu/assets/hrs/Benefits/2021_Employee_Benefits_Overview.pdf
Our benefits package is an important complement to the offered salary and our Total Compensation Calculator, https://inside.sou.edu/hrs/comp-calc.html, demonstrates our value and commitment to our employees.
•Must be willing to travel and attend training programs off-site for occasional professional development.
•Must be able to work additional hours and adjust working hours to meet special jobs. May be called back periodically to perform work as needed on an emergency basis.
•Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
•Under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA):
-Position classification defined as “exempt” are not subject overtime
-Position classifications defined as “non exempt” are *subject to overtime
•The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the Oregon Revised Statues and is required to comply with the requirements set forth by the Oregon department of Human Services.
Notice to Prospective Employees*
Section 485 of the Higher Education Act, and The Federal Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 (now referred to as the “Clery Act”),requires that prospective employees be notified of the availability of SOU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report provides the annual statistics and campus policies for the reporting of and responding to campus crimes and fires; access to campus facilities; conduct code and campus policies on use, possession and sale of drugs/alcohol; and educational/information programs to inform the campus community about campus security procedures and crime prevention.
An electronic copy of the Annual Security Report (ASR)can be accessed at the following link:
https://inside.sou.edu/assets/security/AnnualCrimeReportFinal.pdf. A physical copy of the ASR is available at no charge upon request. To request a copy please visit the Campus Public Safety Office at 382 Wightman Street, Ashland OR 97520. For more information call [Register to View] , or email email@example.com.
All applicants must apply online at https://jobs.sou.edu/postings/9609.
Southern Oregon University is a welcoming community committed to inclusive excellence and the celebration of diversity. Without diversity, our educational process is diminished. Working together in support of our commitment to diversity, we strengthen and enrich our role as learners, educators and members of a tightly connected global community. We encourage those who share in our commitment to diversity, to join our community and we expect all our employees to demonstrate an ability and desire to create an inclusive campus community.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-57c8a6cd184a034aa51106265a51f847