IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Assistant Professor of English/Composition-Rhetoric
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking Assistant Professor of English/Composition-Rhetoric. As an Assistant Professor of English/Composition Rhetoric there will be a teaching load consisting of rhetoric and composition courses, general education courses, and interdisciplinary humanities courses. The assignment will also include advising students, serving on committees and, eventually, assuming directorship of the First Year Writing program.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- D. in English or Rhetoric and Composition
- Minimum two years teaching experience at college/university level
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to teaching composition to first-generation student populations
- Demonstrated familiarity with contemporary learning management systems (Canvas preferred) and digital educational applications
- Demonstrated experience in course design and assessment, preferably in multiple modalities (face to face, hybrid, online)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, collaborative, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to accept new challenges and responsibilities, to be flexible, creative, self-motivated, personable, and collaborative; to be student-focused and results-oriented.
- Familiarity with the history and status of Iowa Wesleyan University, including mission statement, student population, curriculum
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee needs further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.