Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a Teacher Apprentice Program (TAP) Project Director/Grants Administrator responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of a grant funded teacher training program. This includes the main responsibility for development of the program, all administrative management tasks, reporting and ensuring programmatic goals of the Teacher Apprenticeship Program. The TAP Director will ensure that all related processes, documents, procedures, and implementation are executed professionally, efficiently, on schedule, and in a manner consistent with best practices. The TAP Director is a member of the Division of Education and will attend division meetings and provide updates on the program to university leadership.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify needs, organize, hire support, and create a two-year program for TAP student to become certified teachers.
- Oversee the enrollment of selected TAP students who are employed at Burlington Community School District (BCSD) through weekly or more often onsite visits, including some evening and weekends when needed
- Provides ongoing support for master-level BCSD staff in the supervision of the work-based learning for the enrolled TAP students.
- Ensure program meets Iowa Department of Education accreditation standards.
- Work with the Registrar’s Office, Academic Affairs and Division of Education to evaluate transcripts and create program of study for TAP students based on previous degree plan and credits earned.
- Layout and implement action plans, including Burlington Community School District in the creation of all plans.
- Coordinate all On the Job Training to include opportunities with the Professional Development opportunities in the building
- Develop and implement program budget.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with BCSD, AEA and all principals involved in the project.
- Plan and conduct monthly orientation/ongoing meetings for all candidates in TAP, including the mentor teachers when appropriate
- Communicate daily and/ or meet with the Burlington Community School District.
- Work collaboratively with positions hired within the TAP Program.
- Continue recruitment for TAP Program.
- May include some teaching within the TAP Program, as appropriate, and position responsibilities allow.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions, and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Masters degree in education with experience in elementary (K-6) classroom settings required; Experience in elementary special education classrooms (K-8) highly desired
- Desired experience with applicable grant administration.
- Experience in secondary and post-secondary education desired.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.