- CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System)
- APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time Limited-Service Employees)
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
- Required for placement at Grade C-1: At least 175 days (three or more hours per day within four years) in a childcare setting.
- Required for placement at Grade C: One year of experience teaching in a childcare setting.
- One of the following options under 1) or 2) below is required to qualify for Grade C-1:
- At least 24 units in child development or early childhood education from an accredited college or university including child growth and development; child, family and community; at least one program/curriculum class; plus 16 units of general education coursework as required by the current California Child Development Permit Matrix; OR
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline with at least 12 units in child development or early childhood education from an accredited college or university, plus 3 units of supervised field experience in a child development/early childhood education setting.
- Required for placement at Grade C: An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in child development, early childhood education or a related field with at least 24 units of early childhood education/child development including child growth and development; child, family and community; and at least one program/curriculum class.
Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at www.naces.org, or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) website at http://aice-eval.org/.
Diversity Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet <https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hr/files/2019/12/Palomar-College-Student-Fact-Sheet.pdf>.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
• Access to our programs and services
• Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
• Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
• Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
• Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications.
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Visit https://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/21882 for full details and required application materials.
About the District:
Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate’s degree and certificate programs to approximately 30,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, Palomar College recently ranked #1 in community colleges in San Diego County in the San Diego’s Best of 2016 Readers Poll. And, Palomar College is just 12 miles from the glistening Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that sunny San Diego has to offer.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-81d8edab09aff547a1ee3121b1fa9a2b