- Develop and implement strategies to support credit, non-credit, and industrial training programs using the college's facilities at the McNair Center and on the Main Campus.
- Design and establish processes to ensure facilities are used appropriately, including the enforcement of safety procedures and appropriate security.
- In collaboration with division chairs and the executive director of workforce and community development, develop multi-year capital budgets for the replacement of equipment and annual budgets for routine maintenance and repair; support and/or oversee vendors and faculty and staff who maintain and repair equipment.
- Serve as liaison to CMEF and NCCER, ensuring that students are properly registered, certification exams are properly administered and recorded, and that the MOU with CMEF is updated when needed and renewed annually.
- Develop regional strategies regarding education and training for industrial and construction technologies and work with CCPI to implement those strategies.
- Lead the development of relationships with local business and industry in collaboration with relevant faculty and staff to recruit qualified advisory committee members for each credit program, and organize advisory committee meetings each semester to guide continuous program improvement.
- Develop policies governing work-based learning experiences; establish new work-based learning opportunities with local employers; collaborate with the Director of Career and Transfer Services to recruit students for these opportunities.
- Direct the DOL Fast-Track grant, supervise the Director of the Perkins Grant, and oversee other grants that are specific to industrial and construction technologies.
- Prepare detailed budgets for the Office of Industrial and Construction Technologies; establish and maintain control of the budget.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff.
- Hire and train student employees as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
Internal candidates only – Must be a current full-time or part-time employee of Lee College
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience in roles that include the management of facilities, grants, and/or educational programs, preferably at the director level or higher
- Three (3) years of experience as a grant director, preferably including federal grants for higher education
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory position
- Knowledge of career and technical education programs
- Knowledge of campus safety procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new applications
- Excellent organizational skills, self-starter with strong time management skills
- Must be able to work with students, faculty, and staff with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience managing advisory boards
- Knowledge of contract training programs
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note: This is an internal posting. Only current, full-time and part-time employees of Lee College may apply.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7180
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency