POSITION: DIRECTOR, TRIO LEARNING COMMUNITITES PROGRAM
LOCATION: DEAN OF STUDENTS
JOB SUMMARY: The Student Support Services Project at New Jersey City University is a federally funded, continuing grant. Reporting to the Dean of Students, the director coordinates the administrative, budgetary and personnel operations of the project. This includes responsibility for monitoring of the participants’ academic progress and advisement, personal and career counseling, supervision of staff, record keeping and budget management. Also accountable for compliance with all federal regulations, the director assures that the project meets its assigned goals and objectives.
• Prepare, submit, and negotiate the SSSP proposal.
• Ensure compliance to all federal regulations, including:
• Increasing the retention and graduation rates of its participants.
• Fostering an institutional climate that supports the success of low-income and first-generation students, as well as those with disabilities.
• Serve as the liaison between the United States Department of Education and the university community, assuring the program’s compliance to grant requirements.
• Prepare, submit and respond to reports required by both the USDOE and NJCU.
• Interview and hire all personnel: coordinates orientation, professional development and evaluation.
• Administer program budget.
• Oversee the recruitment of participants.
• Supervise data entry, filing system and participants’ records.
• Design and implement mechanisms for programs, participants and staff evaluations and assessment.
• Maintain good working relationship with key offices, such as admissions, financial aid and the registrar.
• Attend all meeting as required and directed by the Dean of Students, the Vice President of Student Affairs, and /or the President.
• Represent SSP by participating in university programs, committees, and activities.
• Perform other necessary duties that promote the project on the local and national level.
• Ensure compliance to university policies and procedures in carrying out the project.
EDUCATION: A master’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
CUT OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: THURSDAY, MARCH 18, 2021