Position Title Director of Enrollment Marketing & Communication
FLSA status Exempt
Hiring Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
Department Enrollment Marketing & Communication
Educational and Experience Requirement
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5) years of related administrative experience. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in an institution of higher education is desirable. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
Nature & Purpose of Position
Performs complex and highly advanced work providing direction and guidance in enrollment marketing and communications for the Enrollment Success division.
Serves in a leadership role on a dynamic integrated marketing and communication campus team with the primary responsibility to strengthen the engagement with prospective and current students seeking both in-person and online bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs. Provides oversight of enrollment marketing, advertising, social media, marketing research and leadership of the enrollment and communications team. Works closely with the academic leadership of the colleges to determine enrollment marketing strategy and tactics and college leadership to identify enrollment market opportunities for both existing and potential academic programs.
Other SpecificationsThe administrative duties of the Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communication include:
- Develops, administers, and oversees enrollment marketing strategies and marketing plans
- Conducts and oversees enrollment market research activities, adjusting enrollment marketing strategy to meet changing enrollment markets and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitive providers and marketing activities
- Collaborates with colleagues to champion, develop and execute data-informed enrollment marketing strategies and tactics
- Develops and administers an enrollment marketing database and conducts ROI for enrollment marketing programs.
- Promotes teamwork and cultivates a positive work environment by empowering the team.
- Supervises print and electronic communication and marketing personnel in areas of responsibility.
- Directs the enrollment communication strategy, as well as provide creative enrollment and communication materials to increase enrollment and retention.
- Monitors the consistency of messages and coordinates content of social media and all publications in conjunction with unit strategies
- Ensures compliance with SHSU brand standards
- Participates with the ES and SEI leadership team in the development of budget requests and strategic plans
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply please visit https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/31416
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report