IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Dean of the College of Business
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking to serve as the lead academic and administrative officer of the College of Business and as such, should provide vision and leadership to the college.
Areas of responsibility in this position include: articulating strategic vision; managing the strategic planning process for the business school; ensuring academic integrity in college programs; overseeing faculty and staff selection in collaboration with the Provost Office, managing the adjunct hiring process as well as retention of adjuncts; student retention; promotion and evaluation processes of all faculty; encouraging and supporting excellence in teaching, research/scholarly activity and service; promoting collegiality and collaborative relationships internally and externally; managing the fiscal well-being of the college; and promoting alumni and donor relations. This position will also work closely with the development office on potential advancement opportunities.
A primary goal of the College of Business is to educate students for the knowledge-based economy of the twenty-first century. The Dean position will work with creating a cost to educate model and evaluate the program from profit-based analysis.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing transformative leadership and advocacy for the college, university, and region.
- Creating a strategic vision and managing School of Business strategic planning processes aligned with broader university strategic goals.
- Promoting the value of liberal education as envisioned in university and national organizations and initiatives.
- Supporting and advancing college and university assessment efforts and strategies.
- Overseeing the recruitment, appointment, review, and professional development of faculty and staff. The Dean will work collaboratively with the enrollment team of the university to help identify and recruit students for programs in the school. This can include, but not be limited to, visiting local schools, speaking at campus events, assisting with the creation marketing materials for the programs in the school and meeting prospective students.
- Partner and maintain a relationship with the IW advancement team to identify funding sources for the college.
- Providing internal leadership and mentorship to faculty, staff, and students.
- Foster an environment of innovation, collegiality, collaboration, inclusivity, and support where faculty, staff and students thrive.
- Help collaborate with the Marketing and Communication Office on the college’s marketing materials for enrollment and increased visibility.
- Assure ongoing quality and continuous improvement in the college’s academic program array at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and in both traditional and online programs.
- Work collegially and collaboratively with leadership across campus to support the priorities of the campus.
- Foster and support relationships with the state and regional business community, in particular encouraging and supporting business and economic outreach activities and fostering collaboration among the outreach units.
- Create a Business Advisory Board, fostering board engagement with the college both internally and externally.
- Provide leadership to initiatives that foster and enhance inclusive excellence and multicultural and global competence in the college.
- Serve on the university Academic Council and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A terminal degree in a college-related discipline is preferred but a master’s with combined experience will be considered.
- Evidence of strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- A distinguished record of accomplishment in the areas of teaching, research, and service that would merit appointment as a faculty member in one of the departments of the college.
- A record of progressively more responsible administrative experience.
- A record of commitment to program growth and academic excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management.
- Demonstrated commitment to servant leadership, inclusive excellence, and personal and professional integrity.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.