Associate Dean For Student Success And Learning Environments
California State University, Long Beach
Job no: 506780
Work type: Management (MPP)
Location: Long Beach
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time
Position Title: Associate Dean for Student Success and Learning Environments
Effective Date: On or about August 17, 2022
Classification: Administrator III
Reports To: Dean, College of the Arts
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin January 31, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of the Arts
The mission of the College of the Arts (COTA) is to provide a dynamic, contemporary learning environment that both honors and examines tradition, embraces and cultivates diversity, inspires invention and innovation, and strives for and is recognized for excellence. Our faculty of artists, educators, performers, and scholars is committed to challenging students intellectually, creatively, and professionally, while encouraging them to find their individual artistic voices. The College produces and brings to our community the highest level of art and design in making, teaching, scholarship, and public engagement in the form of concerts, exhibitions and installations, films, performances, publications, emerging media, creative consultations, and interdisciplinary collaborations.
COTA at California State University, Long Beach is California's largest and most comprehensive publicly funded school for the arts, with approximately 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It includes the Departments of Dance, Design, Film and Electronic Arts, and Theatre Arts, as well as the School of Art, the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music, the Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum, and the Carpenter Performing Arts Center (CPAC).
• Appropriate terminal degree in the arts, with successful university teaching experience, service, and a record of scholarly/creative activity suitable for a tenured, full professor faculty appointment in one of the disciplines in the College of the Arts
• Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership position or role
• Demonstrated experience collaborating and coordinating effectively with other academic units, colleges, and various other campus units
• Knowledge in academic program review including disciplinary, multi-disciplinary most recent accreditation processes
• Ability to promote excellence through mentorship
• Experience with budget management including allocation
• Demonstrated strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive education
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student, faculty, and staff population
• Experience with technology-supported teaching environments and pedagogical approaches
• Demonstrated experience with a collective bargaining environment—California Faculty Association
• Demonstrated experience in program assessment and review, student success initiatives, and student mentoring
• Demonstrated experience with enrollment management and student success in a program, department, college, or university environment
• Demonstrated understanding of academic policies and procedures related to undergraduate and graduate education.
• Engage the college to address challenges that interfere with student success and opportunities to improve student success in all facets of COTA's learning environment
• Advance priorities of diversity, equity and inclusion as a foundation for student success across all aspects of the learning environment, inclusive of faculty and staff roles and responsibilities
• Collaborate with student advisors to determine areas of potential support and development for student retention and graduation, academic and career planning assistance
• Collaborate with Department Chairs and Directors in developing and incorporating high impact practices into instruction
• Oversee undergraduate and graduate programs including academic support
• Oversee academic appeals, academic renewal, disciplinary sanctions, and academic integrity
• Cultivate and expand programs to meet the needs of our diverse student body and community partnerships towards student success initiatives
• Assume a range of responsibilities as a key member of the leadership team of the College, as needed, may also include represent the College on relevant committees, councils, and projects and at various College functions as needed
• Expand and oversee scholarship programs
• Enrollment management and scheduling
• Manage assessment and accreditation which includes academic standards, program review, and accreditation requirements and review outcomes
• Work with the College's leadership team to assist in student success initiatives, study abroad programs, public relations/outreach, and provision of mental health resources for students, faculty, and staff
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
• Detailed letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
• Names and contact information for three to five references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage) Note: On-Campus applicants (one letter from external referent)
• Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Go to https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/506780/associate-dean-for-student-success-and-learning-environments and click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
California State University, Long Beach
College of the Arts
Attn: Erwin Antonio
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-2004
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; [Register to View]
If you have any questions or if you have a disability and need accommodation with pre-employment processes (applications, interviews, etc.), please email email@example.com.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interests on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and take this training every other year thereafter.
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment at the time of hire or appointment and annually thereafter. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found athttps://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status.CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency