This job is archived
- A Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution [required] or higher in English, Journalism, Mass Communication, literature, linguistics, applied linguistics, OR MFA in Writing, Creative Writing OR a Master's degree plus 18 graduate semester hours in English, literature, writing, linguistics, or applied linguistics.
- Teaching or work-related experience in the field.
- Administrative experience.
- Experience in financial analysis, budget development and the design and assessment of administrative support systems.
- Experience with grant and grant management.
- Leadership and supervisory experience of faculty and administrative staff.
- Experience with supporting, managing, and assessing division programs that will support student learning.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns.
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal. As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter, resume or any applicable documents related to this position.
Closing Date: Friday, May 7, 2021
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.