COLLEGE: COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
POSITION: ASSOCIATE DEAN
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Dean of the NJCU College of Professional Studies, the Associate Dean is responsible for coordinating activities related to accreditation, assessment, program development, faculty governance, curriculum, enrollment management and management of related financial, operational, and administrative affairs. The Associate Dean enables the Dean and other senior university leaders to focus on areas of strategic importance by sustaining the academic and administrative support systems of the NJCU College of Professional Studies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of efficient academic, administrative, operational and financial procedures that that advance the mission of the NJCU School of Business.
- Provides leadership in the evaluation of reappointment and promotion of faculty. Provides leadership in the development of programs and services that support student success initiatives.
- Provides oversight of curriculum planning and management, including enrollment management, program reviews, academic catalog revisions, and management of the planning, preparation, and modification of the fall, spring, summer, and winter intersession timetable/schedule of classes.
- Assists the Dean in the preparation, justification, and allocation of departmental budgets, purchases, and funds for travel and professional development.
- Supervises and coordinates student advising activities and serves as the Dean's designee for handling student complaints and academic grievances.
- Identifies equipment and resources needed to support learning environments.
- Assists the Dean in determining the need for full-time faculty and staff positions.
- Assists with the appointment, supervision, and evaluation of department chairs
- Works closely with the chairs to encourage the development of new instructional strategies, programs and articulation agreements and coordinates the process to implement or revise curricula
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and research. Demonstrated successful administrative leadership. A commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion and shared governance.
EDUCATION: Earned Doctorate or terminal degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of related experience required. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, with expertise of excel formulas or Macros.
REQUIRED: Letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references (only to be utilized for finalists).
DESIRABLE: Demonstrated leadership experience, with excellent communications, organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills. Experience managing assessment activities and accreditation requirements. Experience with data-driven strategic planning and decision making and student learning outcomes. Experience facilitating meetings and a demonstrated commitment to participatory governance, consensus building, and a team approach to management. Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems. Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate complex facts and ideas both in writing and in public speaking. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and tight timelines and make sound decisions in a timely manner.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Open Until Filled