This job is archived
(Archived) Associate Dean for Rural and Community-based Education
Associate Dean for Rural and Community-based Education
The University of California, Davis, School of Medicine aims to meet the health care needs of California communities, including rural residents throughout Northern California. The School of Medicine is home to several innovative programs focused on care for rural and tribal communities and is committed to increasing its efforts to recruit and train students and residents committed to rural practice.
The Associate Dean for Rural Medical Education provides vision, oversight, and coordination of the pre-medical, medical student, and resident education experiences relating to the care of rural communities. The Associate Dean for Rural Medical Education will cultivate existing and develop new partnerships to ensure the highest quality rural health experiences for UC Davis learners.
This position reports to the Vice Dean for Medical Education and works in close collaboration with the Community Health Scholars Program, Office of Medical Education, Office of Graduate Medical Education, and Office of Student and Resident Diversity leadership to oversee all rural education efforts.
The incoming leader will be assigned 50% effort for leadership activities and administration related to the Associate Dean role. In addition, the selected candidate will need to meet the requirements of a clinical faculty member, including holding a clinical faculty appointment in their trained specialty. Additional duties and faculty rank will be influenced by candidate qualifications and interests, departmental needs, and clinical practice requirements, as applicable.
- Direct and supervise all rural health educational programs and ensure that the rurally focused premedical, medical, and resident programs are of the highest quality.
- Provide intellectual leadership in designing new initiatives to better serve rural populations.
- Coordinate and facilitate faculty development of rural providers to prepare them to effectively teach and assess learners as volunteer clinical professors.
- Strengthen current and develop new rural partnerships to provide exceptional learning experiences for UC Davis learners across the continuum.
- Assist Office of Admissions and Outreach and Office of Student and Resident Diversity in cultivating rural partnerships and expanded outreach to rural premedical students.
- Foster academic and community collaborations that enhance rural education and healthcare.
- Build partnerships with corporations, foundations, and federal and state agencies.
- Collaborate on initiatives to advance rural public health and assure a stable rural workforce in Northern California.
- Collaborate with Area Health Education Centers coordinating experiences for medical students.
- Provide leadership and advocacy on rural medical education and health issues within the UC Davis Health and University of California system.
- Regularly visit rural training sites to enhance existing partnerships and build new ones.
- Collaborate on rural medical education research and scholarship.
- Work cooperatively and collegially in a highly diverse environment.
- Other responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Vice Dean or Dean.
In addition, clinical faculty responsibilities include: clinical service in the area of specialty; teaching medical students, residents, and fellows; scholarly and creative activity; and University service. All responsibilities will be further determined based on faculty series and rank.
To apply, visit https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05461
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency