This job is archived
- Serve as a lab assistant and work with students on troubleshooting and maintenance techniques specific to their course of study.
- Staff the supply rooms and work with students to provide the materials, tools, and equipment they need for their hands-on assignments.
- Coordinate with faculty and vendors to conduct preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment including:
- Equipment in the Technical Studies Labs:
- Foundation Fieldbus Systems
- Wireless Instrumentation Systems
- Chromatography System
- Variable Speed Drive Systems
- Motor Control System
- Digital to Analog Converter Systems
- Discrete transmitters, control valves, transducers, and controllers
- Equipment in the Process Technology Labs
- Equipment in the Industrial Technology Labs
- Welding equipment
- Pipefitting equipment
- Machining equipment
- Millwright equipment
- Equipment in the Contract Training Labs
- Equipment in the Technical Studies Labs:
- Interface with industry partners to arrange discount pricing or donations when obtaining parts or upgrading systems.
- Establish procedures to lock down systems and/or use administrator tools to prevent tampering, reconfiguration, and breakage of systems.
- Develop and manage a system for tracking equipment maintenance.
- Develop and manage a system for keeping inventory of equipment and supplies in relevant labs.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree in related technology such as Instrumentation, Electrical, Process Technology, etc., or a certificate in Machining/Millwright, Pipefitting, or Welding
- Five (5) years of field experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment
- This position requires extensive hands-on mechanical skills
- Keen awareness and utilization of safety and safe work practices while maintaining a safe work environment and clean, neat labs
- Ability to develop and propose written policies, procedures, and best practices related to lab safety and the use of equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have initiative, be a self-starter, work independently, take ownership, and be assertive while having the pride to own the job of keeping systems in good, continuous operation
- Must be proficient in using MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint as ordinary tools
- Must be able to work with students, faculty, and staff with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- ISA/NICET/DOL certified instrumentation/electrical/analytical instrumentation tech
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks or Visio skills
- Understanding of unit operations and petrochemical plant processes
- Technical teaching experience
Campus/Location: McNair Center - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7183
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ff830bb17200fe4bb8b34cada8d0554e