The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) seeks a full-time Coordinator of Learning Support Services to join our team, anticipate starting June 2021. This position is responsible for coordinating the learning support services and resources of MIAD’s Learning Commons, equipping students with tools and strategies to enhance their learning. The Coordinator of Learning Support Services reports to the Associate Dean of Students.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Coordinate tutoring services
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate performance of student peer tutors
- Provide individualized tutoring to students
- Provide individual research assistance
- Design and lead research, writing, and skill-building workshops for specific classes/courses
- Assist with Information Literacy presentations
- Maintain accurate statistics and reports of tutoring support services; data regularly submitted for assessment and retention purposes.
- Compile tutoring data, design charts, and assist in writing reports for annual assessment
- Manage the tutoring budget and assist in budget planning
- Manage communications of learning support services and resources; LRC Moodle and social media
- Assist with maintaining physical order throughout the Learning Commons
- Serve as an academic advisor as assigned for a small cohort of first-year students
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Dean of Students
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in English, Composition, Writing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience tutoring college students in a writing or learning center
- Understanding of the requirements of college-level writing and research
- Solid working knowledge of excel and learning management systems; Moodle and File Maker
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusivity
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work collaboratively with faculty and staff
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Teaching experience
- Experience tutoring ESL/ELL students and students with disabilities
- Knowledge of time management and motivation strategies
Application Process and Deadline:
Qualified applicants should submit the following information in one (1) pdf document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest/cover letter
- A resume
- Three (3) professional reference names and contact information.
Initial review of candidates will occur after April 29, 2021 and will continue until the position has been filled.
MIAD offers an attractive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance. All final candidates extended an offer must successfully complete reference and background checks.
Employment Opportunities at MIAD