California State University, Long Beach
Job No: 525706
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Full Time, Marketing/Communications
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Affairs Communications, the incumbent coordinates and develops a full range of communication and marketing operations for the Student Affairs Communications Department to assist the Career Development Center and Student Affairs. Through digital marketing efforts including website, social media, and e-newsletter efforts create awareness of services amongst the diverse CSULB student population. Create specific outreach strategies to reach specific CSULB student communities. Collaborate with campus and outside stakeholders to increase student access to Career Development Center and Student Affairs programs and services. Communicate and educate the campus community regarding outcomes and service outcomes of Student Affairs departments through data visualization and digital marketing efforts.
- Developing and Editing Student Affairs Communication Materials (including, social media, graphics, written communication, newsletters, web, and other media platforms)
- Implement Strategic Communication Efforts and Provide Support to Student Affairs Communications Department
- Extensive working knowledge of social media platforms and account management
- Ability to write clearly and concisely at an advanced level to create content that meets university and department standards.
- Ability to offer effective, training to novice staff (interns/student assistants).
- Knowledge of communications and marketing strategies and efforts.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication strategies and best practices
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e.; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong organizational, program development and communication skills, creative thinking/reasoning abilities and demonstrated competency to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritizes meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work as lead person in developing and implementing marketing strategies involving collaborative arrangements with professional colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and collaboratively, and to foster teamwork and resourcefulness.
- Excellent written communication skills, includes editing and proofreading to produce quality marketing materials.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to compose creative and concise communications, which are both informative and accurate.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to be persuasive.
- Strong critical thinking skills; must be able to analyze a problem or opportunity and identify appropriate strategies.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field (Preferred disciplines include: Marketing, Communications, Public Relations) and two (2) years of related professional or technical experience required.
Licenses / Certificates
Valid CA Driver's License preferred.
Student Affairs Communications
Public Affairs/Communications Specialist I
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,338 - $5,653 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one (1) year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY
It is important that all sections of the on-line application are filled out completely and accurately. Please include all relevant education and experience. Your application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Mar 26, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/525706/communications-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-a92636da518c664ca5879fe3cbdc3cce