The Salem State University psychology department field coordinator will serve both undergraduate and graduate program needs with respect to all field placements, e.g. internships and practica. The Psychology department is home to a popular undergraduate major and to master's degree programs in counseling psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, and behavior analysis. At any given time, dozens of students are doing fieldwork at dozens of different sites.
Salem State University values, celebrates and appreciates diversity in all its forms and endeavors to create a space that reflects the campus community population which it serves. Our students come to Salem State University from 38 states and 48 countries and reflect the demographics of the greater Boston community in which we live. We are passionate about providing an experience for them and our fellow staff and faculty, where everyone can feel supported while they explore, learn, and celebrate their identities, similarities, and differences. We welcome you to come celebrate with us and become a member of our community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(E) - Essential Function
- (E) Organize materials in a systematic manner that is accessible by the chairperson, ad ministrative assistant(s), relevant program coordinators, faculty members, and students
- (E) Conduct outreach to potential new sites for the purpose of obtaining information and organizing site visits by the relevant faculty members and/or coordinators
- (E) Communicate with sites regarding any student evaluations, scheduling site visits, etc.
- (E) Maintain an updated list of sites for the various programs, and of faculty members able to provide faculty supervision for internship and practicum courses
- (E) Maintain a list of credentials required for site supervisors and/or faculty for the experiences
- (E) Review department and program-specific website information to keep it relevant and up to date. This will also require working with the program coordinators, faculty, and department chairperson regarding updated information
- (E) Contribute data and prepare reports for the purposes of program accreditation, annual reports, or others as needed
- (E) Vet sites for legitimate versus predatory practices
- Maintain information, resources, and updates in Canvas and on the website, including the highlighting of students and their experiences
- Maintain records of experience hours completed for relevant experiences
- Other activities as assigned and relevant to fieldwork (e.g., professional development related to various credentialing requirements related to graduate program internships or fieldwork hours, university requirements for off-site experiential hours, etc.)
- Master's degree
- Experience and ability to manage large and complex programs
- Experience andability to work independently
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in psychology
- Experience working in an academic environment
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. For accommodation information or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5-10 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online at https://careers-salemstate.icims.com and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
This position is not eligible for H1B visa sponsorship.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Salem State University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may be removed at any time and additional applications will not be accepted.