- Teach a full load of classes, incorporating equitable teaching practices.
- Participate in department, division and campus meetings and activities.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Participate in assessment, curriculum, and program review processes.
- Participate in regular professional development activity.
Bachelors Degree with two years experience in the field
Associates Degree with six years experience in the field
(NOTE: Courses in the use of computer programs for application to a particular discipline may be classified for minimum qualifications purposes, under the discipline of the application.)
*The professional experience required must be directly related to the faculty member's teaching assignment. *If you believe to have the experience equivalent to the minimum qualifications for an academic position, you may request a determination of equivalency by completing a District Request for Equivalency form and provide supporting documentation as appropriate.
*Must upload required transcripts and documents at time of submitting application.*
- A minimum of two years of equivalent full-time experience teaching post-secondary CIT/computer science and/or cybersecurity.
- Master's degree in computer science or computer information technologies with emphasis in cyber security.
- Experience in teaching network security and Cisco classes.
- Experience teaching and/or training in iOS and Android focused classes, and iCloud classes.
- Familiarity with information course management software and tutoring activities.
- Experience and sensitivity towards teaching diverse and at-risk student populations.
- Experience with web technologies and database development.
- Some experience with online course creation.
- Familiarity with scripting.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office/classroom/clinical setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/3142587/assistant-professor-computer-information-systems
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency