JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Career Engagement and Program Development will play a key role in the long term success of the New Jersey City University Athletic Department. Student-athletes have been found to lag behind non-athletes with regard to career development. Career development programming designed specifically for student-athletes are crucial for the success of our cohort in life after sport. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of the Rising Knight Institute, The Director of Career Engagement and Program Development will be crucial in supporting the professional development and success of the Gothic Knights in their pursuit of gainful employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are customary for the position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
• Create a multi-year development program including but not limited to: personal skills, inclusion, career and professional development, internships and leadership development
• Develop and Track Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analyses and analytic evaluations of all programing, graduation rates, job placements, alumni and any other appropriate data
• Organize career-related services and programs specific to NJCU student-athletes
• Orchestrate life skill seminars and workshops for student-athletes including but not limited to financial literacy, resume writing and interview preparation
• Facilitate long term relationships with key industry leaders in a variety of fields to develop key pipelines for employment
•Meet one-on-one with student-athletes to provide career development guidance and monitor the fulfillment of the required career checklist
•Coordinate and execute networking and mentoring initiatives among current student-athletes and alumni while maintaining an up-to-date alumni database
•Serve as a staff advisor for athletic priority registration
•Serve as athletics liaison to the School of Business and Center for Leadership and Engagement on campus, which includes having student-athletes participate in external career fairs and engagement opportunities
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of the NCAA, student-athlete development and career preparation
• Must be self-motivated, team-oriented, problem solver who can think creatively and produce outcomes effectively
• Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Experience with CRMs, data analytics, enrollment/student management software
• Must be willing and able to flexible hours, including work evenings and weekends
• The duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed in a competent manner following the highest standards for leadership, professionalism, integrity, accountability, responsibility, cooperation and customer service
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: October 18, 2021
Please apply at: www.Njcu.edu/hr