Director of Basketball Operations, MBB
$62,016 – $64,992 • yearly
California State University, Northridge
Director of Basketball Operations, MBB
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Director of Basketball Operations, MBB, assists the Head Men's Basketball Coach in all phases of planning, developing, and promoting a highly competitive Division I intercollegiate men's basketball program, which includes scheduling, recruiting, travel coordination, budgeting, purchasing, game operations, and fundraising, all within the guidelines, rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big West Conference, and the University. The incumbent evaluates and assists in recruiting qualified student-athletes, whose athletic skills allow the program to be highly competitive and whose academic abilities make them excellent candidates for a meaningful academic experience and graduate from CSUN.
- Assists with coordinating and facilitating all official and unofficial visits and serving as University Host-recruit liaison during these visits.
- Conducts research of potential prospects, engages with said prospects in accordance with NCAA, Conference, and University policies and procedures.
- Monitors, mentors, and supports student-athletes in the areas of academics, financial aid, housing, meal arrangements, mental health, welfare, safety, and etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year of: demonstrated coaching, recruiting experience; and/or professional league playing experience; and/or experience which would provide adequate training to provide administrative support to a Division I collegiate program.
- Coaching experience and demonstrated ability to recruit and retain outstanding student-athletes preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must possess: coaching and recruiting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to: commit, teach, mentor, and work with a diverse student population; be aware of and understand the sensitivity of the educational goals of a multicultural population, as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 2382 / Coaching Assistant / 0
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE is $5168 - $5416 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $5168 - $6946 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
- The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
- Applications received through April 24, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/526361/director-of-basketball-operations-mbb
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency