Assistant Athletics Director of External Relations
$90,000 – $98,000 • yearly
California State University, Northridge
Assistant Athletics Director of External Relations
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Athletics and in partnership with the Director of Development for Athletics, the Assistant Athletics Director of External Relations is responsible for implementing and overseeing a comprehensive program that increases private philanthropic support for the Athletics Department. As directed by the Senior Associate Athletic Director, the incumbent analyzes donor metrics and implements strategies to increase both annual giving revenues and total number of donors to Athletics.
- Works collaboratively with University Relations and Advancement, the Alumni Association, and the Foundation, and administers the sponsor benefits program; strategically plans fundraising events in conjunction with Athletics staff and coaches and in accordance with University and department policies and procedures.
- Helps manage donor engagement experiences and develops stewardship strategies to sustain and strengthen donor relationships.
- Operates within the scope and intent of NCAA, Big West Conference, University, and departmental policies and regulations.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3nNYN3w
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience; with two of the five years in a managerial role preferred.
- Three years of fundraising experience in a university development program, non-profit organization, or equivalent experience, in an environment with a focus on Athletics, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Broad knowledge of multiple sports and/or in-depth knowledge of at least one sport preferred. Understanding of the dynamic and evolving college athletics environment, preferably in a large metropolitan market like Los Angeles or similar.
- Removed experience working successfully in an annual fund program, preferably in the LA philanthropic community, with a demonstrated track record of successfully closing annual fund gifts. Self-motivated and well-organized.
- A disposition for event and hospitality-based cultivation and experience in event planning and management. Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Superior interpersonal, planning, strategic, and analytical skills.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $90,000 to $98,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through April 24, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/525030/assistant-athletics-director-of-external-relations
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency