Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for an Assistant Football Coach. This is a full-time, exempt position responsible for coaching an Offensive / Defensive position, training, providing guidance and recruiting members of the football team, and assisting the Head Football Coach with the overall administration of the Football program.
- Represent Iowa Wesleyan University and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Promote and support Iowa Wesleyan University and its mission.
- Promote and support Iowa Wesleyan Tiger Athletics program mission and goals.
- Be an active and engaged Tiger Athletics team member willing to assist others in major intercollegiate athletics initiatives such as game day management, team travel needs, and fundraising events. Nights and weekends commitments will be required.
- Perform duties as assigned by head coach.
- Assist the head coach in planning and operation of the program.
- Assist football program within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University, the NSAA, and the NAIA.
- Provide leadership in implementation of the program.
- Advise student athletes in their major field of study as it relates to NAIA eligibility and progress towards degree requirements.
- Support and assist in executing the Head Coach’s recruiting strategy and recruiting system through recruitment of prospective student- athletes.
- Assist in promotion and public relations activities for Tiger Athletics.
- Attend all University-wide meetings (travel, game and practice conflicts are valid absences), all Athletics staff meetings, meetings called by the Athletic Director or Vice President for Student Development, and any Athletics related workshops.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Employee is responsible for determining own work assignments referring to employee plan of work, annual divisional initiatives, and employment policies for guidance. Employee independently constructs new methods to meet conditions and confers with Head Coach regarding unusual matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- College playing experience
- 3-5 years coaching at the collegiate level
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, coaching philosophy, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.