IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach to represent the program and the institution in a professional manner on campus and in the community.PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the head coach in executing the vision of the Iowa Wesleyan University Men’s Basketball program.
- Recruitment of student-athletes that fit the qualifications and standards of IW University and the MBB program
- Assist in the creation and execution of off-season and in-season workouts and practices
- Develop student-athletes via individual, small group, and team workouts
- Create game plans and opponents’ scouting reports using Synergy and Google platforms
- Assist head coach on sidelines during games (serve as coordinator of certain area i.e., offense, defense, etc.)
- Assist w/ JV program during practices and games
- May have to drive to select varsity and/or JV games
- Monitor academic study tables for student-athletes; assist in getting student-athletes necessary aid, tutoring, etc.
- Assist in any fundraising, volunteer, or university activities as requested
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach and/or Athletics Directors
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of 2 years of collegiate experience, preferred
- Player development
- Game planning
- Associates degree. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to drive university vehicles
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee needs further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.