Associate Athletics Director for Compliance
$95,004 – $105,000 • yearly
California State University, Northridge
Associate Athletics Director for Compliance
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision, the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance is responsible for the overall quality and comprehensive nature of the Compliance Program for the CSUN Department of Athletics. The incumbent is responsible for all NCAA reporting regarding academic standing, supports student-athletes academic success, and is the Athletics liaison to General Counsel, Title IX, Diversity and Equity, Matador Achievement Center, Admissions and Records, and Financial Aid.
- Coordinates, implements, facilitates, oversees, and evaluates all facets of Athletics Compliance Program, including the educational, monitoring, and investigating components as well as other areas within the program that strengthen and enhance the athletic compliance effort as a whole.
- Directs the comprehensive nature of the Compliance Program and works closing with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, to ensure that all athletic programs and activities are in accordance with NCAA bylaws.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3M67CxS
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience, at the Division I level and with two of the five years in a managerial role, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA regulations, compliance issues and related procedures, specifically at the Division I level.
- Abilities and specialized skills to: effectively educate and interact with coaches, student-athletes, and other members of the University community as required.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, effective written and oral communication skills, and advanced computer skills including knowledge of NCAA Compliance Software.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $95,004 - $105,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through June 6, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/527669/associate-athletics-director-for-compliance
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-8c82a84aac99b144a[Register to View] 8a4bb