CONTRACT PERIOD: 10-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 1, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the head coach with supervision and coordination of the men’s soccer program.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to create and execute detail-oriented training sessions and match day objectives.
- Ability to scout upcoming opponents, create detail-oriented reports and present during daily coaching staff meetings.
- Ability to breakdown training/match film to present during daily coaching staff meetings and team video sessions.
- Overseeing the implementation of the men’s soccer Strength and Conditioning program.
- Overseeing the use and maintenance of all men’s soccer related facilities, equipment and gear.
- Overseeing of the team Academic Monitoring System for all men’s soccer student-athletes.
- Ability to advise men’s soccer student-athletes in their day to day activities.
- Assist in the recruitment of qualified student-athletes including but not limited to: off-campus evaluations, contacts, organization of on-campus visits and camps.
- Assist in organizing travel plans for team and coaches.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all athletic coaches and staff regarding facility use and condition.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible manner.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting.
- Be able to transport team to the contests and be responsible for their well-being.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Men’s Soccer Coach or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: Previous successful coaching experience and/or playing experience and recruiting at the collegiate level. Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting. Excellent written/oral communication, as well as demonstrate strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
TO APPLY, COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION : http://www.opsu.edu/Offices/Human_Resources/Job-Listing/?page=details&id=469
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.