POSITION AVAILABLE: July 1, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects in leading a competitive NAIA soccer program and provide the necessary leadership and to plan, organize, and to carry out the objectives of the university athletic program.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute recruitment and retention of quality student athletes including but not limited to: off-campus evaluation, contacts, organization of on-campus visits, and tryouts.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with student-athletes, former players, faculty, alumni, staff, media, boosters, and the community.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for college athletes.
- Work effectively with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Responsible for inventory, selection and care of equipment and proper care of the school facilities including Anchor D Stadium.
- Manage the team budget and put together a competitive schedule in line with that budget.
- Communicate effectively with team members, recruits, and administration.
- Emphasize academic success and service to all team members.
- Motivate and mentor collegiate student-athletes
- Advise and instruct student-athletes on skill development.
- Scouting of opponents and instructing team on the strategies that will be implemented.
- Commit to all NAIA, Sooner Athletic Conference, and Oklahoma Panhandle State University Athletics Department policies and procedures. Advise student-athletes in their day to day activities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all athletic coaches and staff regarding facility use and condition.
- Responsible for team fundraising activities and maintaining quota numbers.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting.
- Be able to transport team to the contests, and be responsible for their well-being.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Previous successful coaching experience and/or playing experience. Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting. Excellent written/oral communication, as well as demonstrate strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT:
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.