Department: School of Business and Nonprofit Management
Reports To: Associate Dean, School of Business and Nonprofit Management
Position Summary: To provide the School of Business and Nonprofit Management (SBNM) with administrative support for graduate student advising and retention and student outcomes assessment tracking.
- Plan and administer the academic advising for students enrolled in schools’ graduate programs. Areas of responsibility include identifying recruitment opportunities, curriculum planning, registration requirements, monitoring student progress and documenting student progression.
- Conduct an at-risk assessment to identify potential students for “stopping out” and coordinate a retention plan to identify tools and resources available to encourage program completion.
- Create and maintain a communication matrix to track the contact with students and address student questions and concerns to develop an ongoing proactive response to improve student retention.
- Maintain a record of graduate student academic performance by preparing a probation report and communicating with students regarding their probation status.
- Will work strategically with the Associate Dean to coordinate new student initiatives, and develop, organize, and implement welcome events.
- Advises students on challenges in completing the degree program and provides information on referring students to University resources that can assist them in filling learning gaps or solving any pending issues.
- Support, and reinforce university policies, procedures, and programs that contribute to student success of business students.
- Facilitate online and face-to-face orientations for new students.
- Develop online student resources in conjunction with UMC, COE and Library staff.
- Conduct evaluations for all programs within the school through the dissemination of assessments and accurately interpret and report the findings.
- Identify and order the appropriate student assessment tests and coordinate the proctoring of these examinations.
- Monitor curriculum changes as they move through the North Park approval system to insure implementation.
- Prepare, mail, and record surveys of students and alumni. Create graphical representation to be used by the leadership team to present at faculty and advisory board meetings.
- Assist with the administrative support in the school office and supporting events, including covering the front desk from time to time as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in higher education administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational ability, communication skills and time management.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, Excel, Survey Monkey, SPSS (or SAS) and the Internet.
- Understanding and appreciation of the SBNM program and associated key administrative and marketing processes.
- Sensitivity to the needs of working professionals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently with excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to and comfort with details.
- A clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: https://www.northpark.edu/employmentapplication