- Teach freshmen and sophomore CADD courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in campus-related committees as needed.
- Recruit for and promote the CADD program and other Industrial Studies programs.
- Develop an interdisciplinary curriculum in cooperation with the CNC Machining area.
- Participate in professional development activities, both on-campus and off.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate (or higher) degree with at least two (2) years of related (non-teaching) work experience OR Ten (10) years of related (non-teaching) work experience in a qualifying field (i.e., CADD/Industrial Design) with the ability to obtain an Associate’s degree within two (2) years with no class overloads until the degree is complete OR No degree with twenty (20) years of related (non-teaching) work experience in a qualifying field (i.e., CADD/Industrial Design).
- Demonstrated knowledge of various 3D design software packages, and the ability to teach Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) in 3D modeling
- At least ten (10) years of experience in instrumentation, electrical, analyzer technology, and/or process operation
- Applied experience in the industry with AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD P&ID, Solidworks Electrical 3D, or Solidworks Routing
- Previous experience teaching CADD and Industrial Design in a community college setting
- Experience with using the Blackboard LMS to teach hybrid and online courses
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7145
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency