- Teach freshmen and sophomore Electrical courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop lab concepts and designs.
- Develop curriculum.
- Mentor less experienced instructors as needed.
- ISA membership and participation in external events.
- Recruit for and promote the Instrumentation program.
- Participate in campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate (or higher) degree in Electrical Technology with three (3) years of related, non-teaching work experience or ten (10) years of related, non-teaching work experience in instrumentation and electrical
- Advanced knowledge of electrical theory
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical Technology and the associated equipment and be able to convey this information to the students
- Knowledge of new installation techniques
- Knowledge of advanced technologies in electrical
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic, entry-level Electrical job skills
- Must have hands-on experience with current control strategies and technologies such as PLC’s and DCS’s
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of electricity technology
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7036
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency