- Manage operations of on-campus food mart, including stocking, cleaning, and conducting regular inventory.
- Supervise Basic Needs student assistants.
- Allocate emergency assistance funds to support rent, utilities, transportation, and other basic needs expenses.
- Serve as an advocate and coordinate community referrals for students in need.
- Provide ongoing case management to students lacking basic needs.
- Organize and participate in campus and community outreach opportunities.
- Collaborate and maintain successful working partnerships with departments, staff, and faculty to support basic needs initiatives.
- Maintain and track program participation data.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with additional aspects of Title V Pathways Grant as necessary.
- Participate in professional development activities and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a grant-funded position. The continuation of the position is based on the continuation of the grant and satisfactory job performance. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year of related work experience in higher education
- Understand equity, student development theory, college success programs, and social services
- Must be proficient in composition, spelling, and proofreading
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and energetic, along with exceptional customer service abilities
- Must be dependable and demonstrate initiative
- Exceptional computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with superb skills in oral and written communication, planning, and organization
- Solid organizational, time management, and filing skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, plus meet deadlines
- Flexible, organized, and creative with the ability to switch gears and move from one task to another with frequent interruptions from a busy phone and constant office visitors
- Creativity to produce publications and PowerPoint presentations
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Education, Leadership, or other related field
- Experience working in the community college setting
- Experience working in basic needs initiatives in higher education
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual – able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7017
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency